Saturday, June 11, 2011

1849 foot climb and dive back to the ocean


Full-power climb to 1849 feet followed by a glide back to earth. Great view of north end of the Long Beach peninsula and the town of Surfside, Washington state. I was able to reach 1849 feet.by far the highest Ive ever flown an RC airplane. There was about a 15mph headwind that almost totally canceled out the airplanes forward motion so it appeared to go straight up like an elevator to 1849 feet. As the airplane climbed I was looking higher and higher directly overhead. I climbed until the airplane was just a spec in the sky. After that it became hard to control because I couldnt tell how it was oriented. But knowing I can get to over 1800 feet means Ive got to try for 2000. Might try using binoculars so I can see it better when way up there. I purchased a wristwatch altimeter and put it inside the airplane. It recorded the maximum altitude. Thats where I got the number 1849. Its likely the peek altitude was higher because the altimeter is a little bit slow to respond to altitude changes.

Tags : ±1±: Discount Cheap Wholesale iP0Ds for Sale !9# Bushnell Medalist Rangefinder Sale




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links